Monday, December 17, 2007

Skiing and Engagement!!!

Well, the title says the big news. Eric (finally!) proposed yesterday during our ski trip! It was the perfect day for both. It was snowing big fluffy snowflakes- I had the feeling of being inside a snow globe. It was just a beautiful day, beautiful mountains, perfect really. I didn't expect it at all. Well, I mean, I've been expecting it a little, but my mind was on skiing at the time and it came as a surprise. He asked at the very top of the mountain, and my hands were so cold, I could barely feel them, but I was just so happy. We tried to take a picture of ourselves and then a random Korean man offered to take the snap shot for us. Didn't get a close up of the ring, but it's lovely.







The rest of the day was great, too. I had a little bit of fear to get over once we moved on past the bunny slope, but once I got it, I had so much fun! I only fell a few times- but I think Eric got them all on video or pictures- and it was definitely over too soon.




That night, we wanted to go out to celebrate, but we couldn't find a nice restaurant, and I was very tired because I've been a little sick and we had only had about 4 hours of sleep the night before, so we had a drink and snuggled up in out little bed at the youth hostel. The next morning we treated ourselves to a very nice breakfast at a fancy hotel next door to the ski lodge.

I've been loving Korea so much lately and until Eric got here, I was doing alright without him, but now the thought that he has to leave in two weeks, is just about the saddest thing I can think of. Well, like Scarlet always said, I won't think about that today, I'll think about it tomorrow. Today, I'm way too happy!

No comments: